Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Unwinding



Enter the 10-day stint with a 5'7 sociopath. 

Whew, glad that's over.

June 30.

It's official. I packed my belongings and left my job. 9 years of what most people called a career, I called Limbo. That's the interesting thing about it, you learn a lot but you keep yourself busy to avoid being engulfed by indecisiveness. Why did I hate that job so much? Yes, I held different positions, but they all had the same outcome--no growth. I should mention, having a mild stroke at 27 will really shift everything. 

"But you had a retirement plan, benefits, a set schedule, you can take time off whenever you want. No weekends. You were dumb to leave."

 I've never felt more alive. Doing something for yourself, living on your own terms is a concept I still haven't grasped at 28...and that's okay. I don't own a house, I have no children, I'm single. Gotta be more selfish more often. 

4th of July weekend. 

I've already been promoted in the job I want. It's crazy. So many things are happening and I don't know how to process it all. I'm blessed and confused because I think things are moving way too fast for me to comprehend.

7/11

I hope you got your slurpee and posed for Bey one time. 

I realize what it means to have one job. It makes you budget...which is something I don't do well at all. Seriously. Every day presents a new challenge there, but I get to leave work at work. Which is wonderful.

7/18 and towards end of July:

Anxiety has packed and gone on a sabbatical. Depression, well, we're working on her, too. My mind is starting to clear and as the fog subsides, the picture is presenting itself. There's so much I still need to get done, but I'm headed in the right direction. 

Remember: a day at a time. Nothing is overnight. Storms don't last forever. 

Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment